Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Before Five In A Row

I am a very relaxed teacher mommy. I homeschool (unschool) Little DC everyday in "petiks-mode". Right now I only depend on his time. Everything that we do is learning to him. We do not rely on a structured curriculum or a planned activity. We learn through play, but I always make it a point to read and sing to him every morning and evening. I refuse to call that a structure but a religious routine ever since he was inside my tummy. I am happy that Little DC loves books and learning for him has always been filled with excitement and enthusiasm. Right now we are using Before Five In A Row (BFIAR) books bought from Rainbow Resource for our daily reading ritual. As much as possible, we try to associate or connect our activities that day with the book. My style is, we do not plan the activities out or as written in the BFIAR curriculum, we just go with the flow based on my son's interest that day and try to connect its relevance to the book. So happy that Little DC loves his BFIAR books already. Sometimes he would ask me to read 5 different books in a day. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Teacher Mommy! Would you know where to buy the BFIAW books locally (Manila)? Thank you!
    -Rhea

    ReplyDelete